The terms and conditions for using this website are specified below.
Mindful Medicine provides this website, including any on-line courses offered through the website, ("Site") on the following terms. Please read the terms fully and carefully before using this Site. If you do not agree to all of the terms, please exit this Site otherwise your continued access or use indicates your acceptance that all of the terms are binding on you and are fair and reasonable.
In these terms and conditions of use, Mindful Medicine means any one or more of Integrative Pain Ltd, Mindful Medicine Pty Ltd or Dr Nick Penney (and in the case of the companies also their officers, employees, agents and subcontractors).
1 Use of Site
Mindful Medicine provides articles, videos, courses, information and other materials on or through this Site ("the Materials"). All the Materials are protected by copyright and other proprietary rights. They may be downloaded and a maximum of one copy may be printed or reproduced provided no modifications are made to the Materials and all proprietary notices contained in the Materials are retained. Otherwise copying or reproduction of the Materials in whole or part is prohibited without prior written authorisation from Mindful Medicine.
2 Disclaimer – Materials are not Medical Advice or Medical Services
The Materials are for general medical educational purposes only. The Materials are not designed and must not be taken to be the provision of medical advice or medical services, nor a replacement for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
You should not rely on any of the Materials in making medical or health-related decisions. You should personally consult a qualified professional health care provider on all specific matters relating to your health.
3 Hyperlinks to third party websites and on-line courses
Our Site has links to third party websites, including the "thinkific" website through which Mindful Medicine educational courses may be obtained. If you follow a link to such a website, you accept: that the terms and conditions of use of that third party website will apply to your access and/or use of it;
if you purchase any courses through the "thinkific" website, you accept that that website's terms of trade will apply to your purchase.
4 No Warranties
Because the Materials are for general medical educational purposes only, they are provided without any warranties of any kind including fitness for a particular purpose. More specifically, Mindful Medicine does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or usefulness of the Materials for a specific matter relating to your health. This Site and the Materials are under constant development. Mindful Medicine may make changes to the Materials, or to the services or any prices described on this Site, at any time without notice.
5 Disclaimer – Use of Site at User's Risk
Mindful Medicine does not assume any legal responsibility for your use of this Site and any websites linked to this Site. Mindful Medicine cannot and does not guarantee that files available for downloading from this Site or linked sites will be free of viruses or of other contamination or destructive properties. As the user, you are responsible for implementing sufficient protection procedures on your computer, mobile or other device to satisfy your particular requirements, and for maintaining an external means for the reconstruction of any lost data.
6 Limitation of Liability
Subject to any claims available under consumer protection laws but otherwise to the fullest extent permitted by law, Mindful Medicine will not be liable (in negligence, contract or otherwise) for any loss or damage of any kind (including personal injury) arising from or in connection with the use (or inability to use) any of the Materials provided on or through this Site;
the use (or inability to use) this Site or any websites linked to this Site including any breach in the security and/or hacking of your computer, mobile or other device.
7 Changes to these Terms and Conditions
Mindful Medicine may make changes (including additions) to these terms and conditions from time to time by publishing a new version on the Site. You should check these pages from time to time for any changes and particularly before using the Site or accessing any Materials provided on or through the Site.
8 Applicable Law
Mindful Medicine is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains how Mindful Medicine collects and uses your personal information. The policy is part of, and subject to, Mindful Medicine's Terms and Conditions of Use for this Site. By accessing this Site and/or providing personal information about yourself to or through this Site, you are additionally agreeing to the practices and procedures (including limitations of liability) described in this policy.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- technical information automatically collected about your computer and your visits to our Site including your Internet Protocol address, geographical location, browser type and versions, operating system and platform;
- your name and email address if you provide these to us;
- any other information you choose to send us. Using personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer our Site and the Mindful Medicine operations connected with the Site;
- send you information you have specifically requested such as relating to personal consultations, courses or events, or more general information about Mindfulness;
- send you our email newsletter if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer want to receive the newsletter);
- correspond with you concerning any enquiries or complaints by you relating to our Site or the Materials.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information:
- to any of our employees, officers, agents or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy;
- to any extent we are required to do so by law;
- to any purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any Mindful Medicine assets where personal information about persons who have used the Site, used any of the Materials or who are receiving the newsletter, may or will be one of the transferred assets. Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties without your prior written consent. Minors Our Site is not intended for the use of minors under the age of 18. However we cannot distinguish the age of visitors to our Site. If a minor has provided us with personal information without parent or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact us and we will remove the minor's personal information.
Hyperlinks to third party websites
Our Site has links to third party websites including the "thinkific" website through which Mindful Medicine educational courses may be obtained. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not have control over or accept any legal responsibility for their policies or practices. Please check the policies of these third party websites before you provide any personal information to these websites. The "thinkific" website through which Mindful Medicine on-line courses may be purchased states it provides an encrypted on-line payment system for purchases through that website. Please note that any access to or use of the "thinkific" website including the provision of personal information for the on-line payment system, will be your sole risk.
Updating or correcting your personal information
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected, updated or removed.
Changes to this policy
We may make changes (including additions) to this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on the Site. You should check these pages from time to time for any changes.
Telephone: +64 (9) 520 7473
Postal: Po Box 28-330, Remuera 1541, Auckland, New Zealand